The Value in Letting Go
I recently experienced my first Hot Air Balloon ride. Unlike skydiving, which is exhilarating beyond measure, I found hot air ballooning to provide a level of peace and tranquility I never imagined possible. Floating through the sky at an elevation of 5000 ft. in nothing but a basket attached to a nylon and polyester balloon doesn’t exactly paint the picture of calm. Yet, everything about it was serene. The air was smooth while the sweet sound of silence and spectacular views of the Arizona desert unfolded around us.
The reason I share this experience is not to advocate hot air ballooning (however, if it’s on your bucket list my vote is to do it!). My intention here is to share a bit of an epiphany I had while drifting through the sky.
A very wise person once told me to place a hurtful situation I was experiencing into a red balloon and release it into the air. At the time, I tried to visualize doing just that but it didn’t evoke great feelings of relief. It was hard to imagine how sending something off into the sky was a peaceful act. It almost felt like I was being a bit spiteful or immature by banishing my pain-filled balloon into the clouds.
My experience of drifting through the blissful skies above somehow helped me to fully understand the value in ‘Letting Go’. These are some of the insights that breathtaking ride inspired me to embrace:
- The act of letting something go can be done in a loving way. If you are ready to wrap your hurt in a red balloon and let it go, know that where you are releasing it is filled with immeasurable beauty and awe. Imagine that kind of peace extinguishing the hurt and liberating your soul.
- Every situation, both positive and negative is attached to a lesson. Rather than dwelling on the hurt, shine some light on the lesson and find gratitude for what the learning provides. When we come across certain people or situations that provide challenging and uncomfortable lessons, know that you can let those things go while still holding onto the valuable insights you were blessed to learn as a result.
- It is okay to let things go. It is okay, it is okay, it is okay. Holding on to things that continually cause us pain will provide more of the same until we choose different. Letting go of old ways of thinking that don’t serve us has a way of opening us up to the limitless possibilities for new and exciting ways to experience life.
- YOU are worth it! Above all else, know to your very core that you are worthy of experiencing the joy and lightness that is on the other side of letting go. Remind yourself that releasing anything that is holding you back from your joy is a gift that you have the power to both give and receive.
- There is no time like the present. One of the most amazing things about life, is that IF we are here right now in this very moment, we are so blessed! Focus on that, and all of the sudden everything else becomes so much easier to let go of.
You get to decide when it is time to let go of the things that don’t feel good in order to enjoy all that does. Give it a try and see what happens when ‘You Let Go.’
❤ EmilyIt's okay to let things go ❤ Click To Tweet
If you are interested in connecting to who you are on a deeper level, or if you would like to create a self-care and self-love practice — come on over and join our growing community within my E-Course, ‘Fall In Love With Your Life, One Week at a Time’. It is a chance to create your own life practice in a way that is meaningful to you.❤